Mexican Mango Cake #Bundtbakers
Anyway the idea for this months Bundtbaker come from no other than Lauren Mitchell From Gate to Plate. She picked a great challenging theme that brought me a bit out of my comfort zone.
3 cups all purpose flour Preheat oven to 350 degrees FOr the Mango Glaze
Mexican Mango Cake
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 sticks butter
2 1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cups buttermilk
For the Mango Glaze
2 cups mango
2 tablespoons water
1 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
spray your bundt pan liberally with cooking spray. Set aside.
Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
In an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat another minute or so.
In batches add the flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk and ending with the flour mixture.
Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake until the cake is golden and a cake tester comes out clean. About 45-50 minutes. Invert the cake onto your platter.
Combine the mango, water and sugar in a food processor. Blend until smooth and thick, taste to adjust sweetness.I also pushed the mixture through a mesh sieve to make as smooth as possible.
Spoon the mango topping evenly over the top of the cake.
3 cups all purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
FOr the Mango Glaze
Our lovely group, Bundt Bakers, just keeps growing. It’s awesome! There are so many bundts for any tropical fruit loving person! Be sure to hop on over and check them out. Totally drool worthy!
- Guava and Cream Cheese Bundt Cake by Love and Confections
- Guava and Pineapple Impossible Cake by Passion Kneaded
- Pineapple Macadamia Nut Bundt Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Passion-Orange-Guava Bundt Cake by All That’s Left are the Crumbs
- Mini Spiced Upside Down Caramelized Pineapple Bundt Cakes by From Gate to Plate
- Hibiscus Lime Bundt Cake by Brooklyn Homemaker
- Mango Brown Sugar Glazed Bundt Cake by Noshing with the Nolands
- Pineapple Pound Cake by Magnolia Days
- Mango Ginger Bundt Cake by Food Lust People Love
- Almost Pina Colada Bundt Cake by Tea and Scones
- Mexican Mango Cake by My Catholic Kitchen
- Mango Coconut Bundt by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mini Pineapple Lime Mojito Bundt Cakes by Blahnik Baker
- Tropical Pineapple Bundt Cake by Bizzy Bakes
Interested in learning more about us?? #BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com
Peace be with you,