Today is National Garlic Day.
There is a reason they call it the stinking rose. There is a sulfuric compound in garlic that does that. I personally believe that the good benefits of garlic outweigh a bit of bad breath.
Garlic has been used as both medicine and food for thousands of years. No wonder, It is a natural antioxidant. Garlic is used to prevent heart disease and helps reduce cholesterol.That is just a few of the awesome benefits of Garlic.
Which brings me to my post today. I have teamed up with a few other awesome bloggers to give you some other recipes with garlic in it. But wait, that is not all! we are also having an awesome giveaway.
This garlic bread is wonderful with any main dish you wish to serve. It goes particularly well with all kinds of Italian dishes. Round it out with a salad and you have the perfect supper. 1 loaf Italian Bread cut horrizontally Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place bread on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil crust side down.
1/2 stick butter
6 cloves garlic minced
2 teaspoons Italian Seasonings.
2 cups shredded Italian style blend cheese
2 tablespoons chopped chives
In a small combine butter and garlic and Italian seasonings. Spread evenly on bread. Bake bread for 10 minutes then remove from oven. Sprinkle cheese all over bread and return back to the oven. Allow to cook another 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and gooey. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chop chives. Slice bread diagonally. Serve hot.
This garlic bread is wonderful with any main dish you wish to serve. It goes particularly well with all kinds of Italian dishes. Round it out with a salad and you have the perfect supper.
1 loaf Italian Bread cut horrizontally
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place bread on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil crust side down.
Here are a few of my fellow bloggers and some more wonderful garlicy recipes they came up with.
- Black Garlic Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream from girlichef
- Caesar Tartlets with Sweet Garlic Butter Crusts from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Garlic Infused Olive Oil from MarocMama
- Garlic and Herb Lamb Chops from Healthy. Delicious.
- Garlic Bread from My Catholic Kitchen
- Garlic Dill Roasted Potato Wedges from From Gate to Plate
- Garlic Fried Rice from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Garlic Soup with Cheese & Garlic Olive Crunch Bread from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Garlic Trifecta with Quinoa Pasta and Spinach from Peaceful Cooking
- Gnocchetti with Asparagus and Garlic-Gorgonzola Sauce from The Spiffy Cookie
- Heart Healthy Roasted Garlic Chicken Recipe from It’s Yummi!
- Roasted Garlic Butter from Basic N Delicious
- Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza Pockets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Slow-Roasted Lamb with 40 Cloves of Garlic from Food Lust People Love
- Vampire Garlic Dip from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
In honor of National Garlic Day and our love of the stinking rose, we are giving away a Garlic Lovers Prize Pack (valued at over $100) that includes:
- The Garlic Farmers’ Cookbook
- One-year membership to the Garlic Seed Foundation
- 5 Garlic Button Covers
- OXO Good Grips Garlic Press
- The Ultimate Garlic Peeler
- Tumbleweed Pottery Garlic Clove Canister Keeper with Vented Lid
- Terra Cotta Garlic Roaster
- 2 Bulbs of Whole Black Garlic
To enter, simply leave a comment on this post (mandatory) answering this question: What is your favorite GARLICKY dish (or one that you’d love to try)?
After you’ve answered the question for entry into this contest, be sure to record that you did so in the rafflecopter widget below; doing so will unlock many more optional ways to earn entries.
This giveaway is open to residents of the Continental USA. Entries will be accepted through 11:59 pm ET on Thursday, April 24, 2014. All entries will be verified. A winner will be chosen from qualifying entries via random draw, and notified via email within 48 hours of the close of this contest. The winner will have 24 hours from the time the email is sent to respond with their complete name and mailing address (no P.O. Boxes). If no response is received within 24 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
Prizes provided by The Garlic Seed Foundation, Food Lust People Love and girlichef. Prizes may vary slightly from images shown and are subject to replacement with comparable items if ones pictured are no longer available at the close of this contest. Items may be shipped separately.