Banana Nut Bread for #BundtBakers
I love Bundt pans.
Did I mention that I collect them?
My family will ask what I want for Christmas, Mothers Day, my birthday or other gift giving holidays. I tell them, give me a bundt pan that I don’t have. They know they cant go wrong with a bundt pan.
In fact, while I was at the thrift store I came across a vintage one. I squealed in delight and everyone came running to see what was wrong. I felt rather embarrassed but I was so pleased, I couldn’t contain myself.
Monkey Girl just stood there rolling her eyes.
It is getting increasingly hard to find new bundt pans because I have just about all of them.
So it should be no surprise to you that I am a part of a Bundt club.
It is called Bundt Bakers. I love this group because it is a creative way for me to use my bundt pans.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send an email to Stacy at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask to join our private Facebook Group.
This month, for the inaugural edition of #BundtBakers, our theme and ingredient of choice is NUTS. We’ve got almonds and walnuts, pistachios and hazelnuts and lots of pecans! All baked into delicious Bundt cakes.
- Banana Nut Bread from Veronica at MyCatholicKitchen
- Chocolate Covered Almond Cake from Anne at FromMySweetHeart
- Chubby Hubby Mini Bundts from Kelly at PassionKneaded
- Glazed Citrus Pistachio Bundt Cake from Laura at TheSpicedLife
- Mocha Hazelnut Marble Bundt Cake from Felice at AllThat‘sLeftAretheCrumbs
- Orange Cinnamon Pecan Cake from Renee at MagnoliaDays
- Pecan Bundt Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing from Stacy at FoodLustPeopleLove
- Pistachio Coffee Cardamom Cake from Deepti at BakingYummies
- Powdered Sugar Pound Cake with Pecans from Dorothy at ShockinglyDelicious
- Rum Pecan Bundt from Tara at NoshingwiththeNolands
Banana Nut Bread
1 stick of butter at room temperature
¼ cup honey
½ cup light brown sugar
¾ cup mashed bananas (1-2 bananas)
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg at room temperature
½ cup sour cream at room temperature
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1-teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a round bundt pan. In a large bowl combine butter, honey and brown sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add Bananas and vanilla. Beat until bananas are incorporated. Add egg and sour cream. Mix until blended.
In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Add the flour mixture about a ½ cup at a time to the butter mixture. Fold in pecans. Pour into prepared bundt or loaf pan. Bake 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Invert on a plate.
Combine 1/2 cup confectioner sugar and about 2 tablespoons water.
Drizzle over top before serving.
Peace be with you,
Follow my blog with Bloglovin