Caramel Pound Cake for #Bundtamonth

002Sometimes I think as we get older our tastes change.  When I was young I loved meat and potatoes. I didn’t have much of a sweet tooth.

Now that I am older, boy have things changed. I am now really craving the sweets. I really love caramel. Just the thought of it makes my mouth water.

So when I found out this months theme was caramel, I was so happy. I couldn’t wait to figure out what to make.

The Hubster loves sweets too. While I was making this and taking the  pictures, he was all over it. He could not wait for me to finish so he could dive in. That is exactly what he did.

On the negative side, when you read the ingredients you will see that there is a lot of sugar in this cake. I was surprised to, so I just had a little sliver. I didn’t want to go into a sugar coma. The thing is, it didn’t taste that overtly sugary.

I think you should give this cake a try. I thought it was very good. Even with all that sugar it had good flavor.

This is not only great for dessert, but if you were having afternoon tea it would be great with a cup of Earl Gray, or a cappuccino. 014

Here are a few other bloggers that also made some wonderful caramel bundts.

Print Print Recipe

1 1/2 cups milk

1 stick butter

1 cup dark brown sugar

1/2 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

4 cups confectioners sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt Set aside

In a bowl of a stand mixer combine butter, brown sugar, white sugar until smooth. Reduce the speed to low and add the eggs and milk.

Add the flour mixture and beat until smooth.

Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick in inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before inverting onto a plate.

To make the icing, melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add dark brown sugar and whisk for about 3 minutes until mixture is bubbling and smooth. Remove from the heat and whisk in the milk. Let mixture cool. Stir in the vanilla and gradually add the confectioners sugar. Stir until well blended and smooth. Pour icing over cooled cake.

Here ís how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:

• Simple rule: Bake us a bundt using caramel
  • Post it before July 31, 2013
  • Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read  #BundtaMonth: Caramel Swirl Bundt)
  • Add your entry to the Linky tool below
  • Link back to our announcement posts

Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.

Link to BundtaMonth on Facebook –

Link to BundtaMonth on Pinterest –

19 Responses to “Caramel Pound Cake for #Bundtamonth”

baker street — July 10, 2013 at 6:32 am

a soft tender crumb and a luscious glaze – just perfect, veronica!

Stacy — July 10, 2013 at 11:28 am

Beautiful Bundt, Vonnie! I don’t think that’s an unreasonable amount of sugar at all. Or did you mean the icing? Never mind, though, because I think this cake must be worth all the calories.

Renee — July 10, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Who cares about the sugar in the cake? Besides, it has brown sugar and that is even better! Love the caramel frosting.

Anita at Hungry Couple — July 10, 2013 at 1:20 pm

That thick layer of frosting looks so ridiculously good! I’ll have a big slice with the Earl Gray tea, please. 🙂

Debra — July 10, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I love your idea of a slice with a cup o’ tea.

Linda@There and Back Again — July 10, 2013 at 2:57 pm

I love caramel cake, so I can’t wait to try this version. It looks much simpler than my cake, which means I could make it more often. Wait a minute…is that really a good thing? 😉

Kate | Food Babbles — July 10, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Whoa!! This cake sounds amazing!! Lovely.

Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom — July 10, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I’ve always had a sweet tooth. . I always say God gave me TWO when he was handing them out 😛 anyways, love the bundt cake!!! looks fabulous!

Holly — July 10, 2013 at 10:01 pm

I think I too would have started with a small piece…then helped myself to a few more slices too! You made a lovely cake and the icing is mouth-watering too.

Lark — July 10, 2013 at 11:56 pm

Now this looks & sounds divine!!!
    I will be trying this one out for sure, thanks for sharing!

Anne@FromMySweetHeart — July 11, 2013 at 12:25 am

Beautiful cake, Veronica! I love baking with brown sugar. You are right, they are not so overly sweet as you would expect. And that icing…..just luscious! : )

The Ninja Baker — July 12, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Your cake looks irresistible, Veronica. Earl Grey would be a lovely accompaniment.

Carrie @ poet in the pantry — July 17, 2013 at 6:19 am

When you’re indulging, it’s okay to have the sugar. Especially if caramel is involved! Your bundt looks great! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Laura@bakinginpyjamas — July 27, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Great Bundt cake, it looks lovely.

Em — October 18, 2013 at 6:30 am

The cake is delicious, but it stuck. Did anyone else have this problem? I halved the recipe and filled two baby bundt pans (24 baby bundts, in total) and they ALL stuck and became a crumble once I forked them out. I have never had this problem before. The bundts always pop out! I sprayed the pans prior… and I let the cakes cool completely. Don’t know what I did wrong 🙁

• vgantley — October 18th, 2013 @ 10:00 am

I am not sure what to say. I have had my bundts stick especially my rose one. There are lots of nooks and cranies to cover and sometimes I dont get them all. It shouldnt have stuck on just a standard bundt pan. Sometimes though this happens. The only thing I can think of is if not only spray your pan, but also put some flour on it. That may give you a better result. Let me know how it goes.

Jett Whitfield — January 2, 2015 at 10:08 am

This cake became one of our favorite cakes to eat this year! Family & coworkers LOVED it!!

• vgantley — January 3rd, 2015 @ 4:55 pm

I am so glad to hear that.

vgantley — January 11, 2015 at 2:37 pm

I am so glad to her that Jett.