Blueberry Banana Bundt for #Bundtamonth
This months Bundtamonth is all about berries. I decided to make my bundt with blueberries. We have 14 gorgeous cakes using berries in every size shape and form. This should be inspiration enough for you to bake with us this month.
Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.
Blueberry Banana Bundt with Maple Glaze
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sour cream
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mashed bananas
2 cups blueberries
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons maple syrup
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Spray your Bundt pan with cooking spray .
Using your mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat the sugar and butter om medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at time. Incorporating each one into the mix. Beat in sour cream.
On low-speed, add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda apple pie spice, salt and bananas. Mix until just blended.
In a small separate bowl combine the blueberries and the flour. With a spatula gently fold in the blueberries into the batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool upright in pan for 25 minutes. Invert cake onto heat proof plate. Allow cake to cool completely, at least 1 hour or more before adding glaze.
In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and maple syrup. mix until smooth and desired drizzling consistency drizzle over cake.
- Blueberry Banana Bundt by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Blueberry Buttermilk Cake by Lora at Cake Duchess
- Blueberry Coconut Bundt by Jennie at The Messy Baker Blog
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Bundt Cake by Anuradha at Baker Street
- Blueberry Orange Baby Bundts by Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Lemon Berry Bundt Cake by Heather at Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Berry Bundt by Holly at A Baker’s House
- Lemon Raspberry Bundlets by Kate at Food Babbles
- Lemon Rhubarb Bundt Cake with Blueberries by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Bundt Cake by Karen at In the Kitchen With KP
- Orange Blueberry Yogurt Bundt Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Raspberry Wine Chocolate Bundt Cake by Paula at Vintage Kitchen
- Strawberry and Orange Bundt Cake by Alice at Hip Foodie Mom
- Strawberry Sweetheart by Kim at Ninja Baking
- Very Berry Streusel Bundt by Anita at Hungry Couple
Here is how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
• Simple rule: Use your favorite berries or a combination of two and bake us a Bundt for May
• Post it before May 31, 2013
• Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read #BundtaMonth: Cherry Bundt)
• Add your entry to the Linky tool below
• Link back to our announcement posts
Peace be with you,