#Bundtamonth Easy Cherry Cake

007This months #bundtamonth is all about cherries. I love this group because I get to use my bundt pans.

I love collecting them and have added two more to my collection since joining this group a few months ago.

My family and coworkers are also very happy about this club. They love eating the wonderful cakes that I make, and this month is no exception.

If you notice I only have four ingredients in this cake. It couldnt be easier. Actually there would have been five, but I forgot the almonds when I went to the grocery store to get the ingredients.

The cake turned out moist and delicious with a lot of cherries floating around in the mix. I was really surprised at how easy it was, and how good it was. I used a box cake mix and was very pleased with the results. I think I may try other box cakes with other pie fillings and see how they taste. 001

This cake would be ideal for a brunch or perhaps with coffee in the afternoon. I decided to just add a bit of powdered sugar dusted over the top. The cherry pie filling made the inside of the cake a nice pink color. I also loved the bits of cherry in the middle also. The almond extract gave it a slight almond taste that paired nicely with the cherries.

Print Print Recipe

Easy Cherry Cake

Ingredients:

1 box (16oz) yellow cake mix

2 large eggs

1 can (21oz) cherry pie filling

1 teaspoon almond extract

Directions:

Preheat oven for 350 degrees.

Spray your pan with cooking spray and set aside until ready to use.

Combine cake mix, pie filling and almond extract in your mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the eggs one at a time making sure they are fully incorporated. Pour into a prepared pan. Bake for 28-30 minutes or when a wooden toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool 10-15 minutes before inverting cake from pan. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.

If you are interested some of my friends also made some cakes this month.

Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:

• Simple rule: Use cherries – and bake us a Bundt for March
  • Post it before April 30, 2013
  • Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read – #BundtaMonth: Cherry Bundt)
  • Add your entry to the Linky tool below
  • Link back to our announcement posts

Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.

15 Responses to “#Bundtamonth Easy Cherry Cake”

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen — April 3, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Can´t beat a four ingredient cake… It´s gorgeous Veronica!

Mr. & Mrs. P — April 3, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Cake looks delicious!! Love the red speckles of cherry that come through…

Renee — April 3, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Can’t beat a quick and easy recipe when you need to get a cake in the oven quick. Nice use of cherry pie filling. I bet this cake is loaded with cherries and cherry flavor.

Taking On Magazines — April 3, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Easy is a fantastic word in my book, especially when it comes to dessert. This looks delicious and beautiful.

Linda@There and Back Again — April 3, 2013 at 4:02 pm

I love cherry cake! This would be a great recipe when time is short.

Anne@FromMySweetHeart — April 3, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Veronica…you are so right…this cake could not be easier! What a great idea to add the pie filling. I’m going to have to try that in other cake recipes as well. I love collecting bundt pans, too. But what I really have my eye on is your cake stand! That is really lovely!!! : )

Stacy — April 3, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Talk about easy! You sure can’t beat four ingredients! And, remember, Vonnie, we are always here for you when you need encouragement to buy a new pan. 🙂

Happy Valley Chow — April 3, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Absolutely gorgeous bundt! Can’t wait to try, it sounds delicious 🙂

Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

Debra — April 3, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Another beautiful bundt! Have I told you I have made your strawberry jam/banana cake recipe twice! I love it!

Lora @cakeduchess — April 4, 2013 at 1:28 am

A super easy and flavorful cake. Your bundt turned out so pretty:)Thank you for being a part of #BundtaMonth, Veronica!

The Ninja Baker — April 5, 2013 at 10:30 am

Your Cherry Bundt cake looks great, Veronica! Just like Bundt cake pans, never can have enough easy and delicious recipes on hand, right?

Tara — April 5, 2013 at 1:25 pm

How pretty is that cake and so easy too!! Love the cake stand!!!

Anita at Hungry Couple — April 5, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I really like the idea of the almond extract in there. Nice job!

Hezzi-D — April 6, 2013 at 12:48 am

This sounds like the perfect cake for when I don’t have time to make one from scratch! I looks lovely.

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — April 7, 2013 at 11:39 pm