Chicken Noodle Soup

Lee Woodruff’s latest book, Those We Love Most, is about family, love, tragedy, coming together and healing. In short, it holds a reflection of all of our lives.
So this week’s Sunday Supper theme was born…. Comfort Food Recipes.
For me nothing is more comforting than a hot bowl or cup of homemade chicken noodle soup.
You know the kind, with big chunks of chicken and wide hearty noodles.
It positively screams comfort.
We will also be giving away 5 signed copies of Those We Love Most.
I am sure you are wondering like everyone else how can I get my copy? All you have to do is join Lee and our Sunday Supper Team during our chat tonight at 7pm Eastern Time.
Oh and share your favorite comfort food.
That is really all you have to do. So get those finger muscles in shape for our chat tonight.
You will be glad you came.

Print Print Recipe

Chicken Noodle Soup

3 lbs chicken in assorted pieces

3 1/2 quarts water

1 medium onion peeled and chopped

2 teaspoons Italian seasoning

1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning

3 cloves garlic minced

4 bay leaves

3 Chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes

Add all ingredients to a stock pot. Cook chicken until tender about 45 minutes to an hour. Remove chicken and allow to cool. Strain out everything and put the broth back into the pot. Put stock back in pot for the soup. Allow chicken to cool. Remove and discard bones, grizzle and skin. Cut chicken meat into bite size chunks. Set aside until ready to use.

2 cups sliced celery

2 cups sliced carrots

2 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles

1/3 cup Parmesan cheese

3/4 cup heavy cream

1/3 cup white wine

Bring the stock back to the boil, add celery and carrots. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Add egg noodles and cook another 10-15 minutes or until noodles are soft. When noodles are done add chicken cheese, cream and wine. Cook for another 2 minutes.Enjoy with a nice hot crunchy loaf of french bread

We would love to have you join Lee and our Sunday Supper Team during our chat on Sunday at 7pm Eastern Time. Wait till you see the comfort food recipes our talented Sunday Supper Contributors will be featuring.
Just look at the gorgeous recipes!Comfort Food |Soups

Comfort Food | Main Dish

Comfort Food | Desserts

Pairing Wine with Sunday Supper Comfort Food Favorites! by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog We would be honored to have you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm(Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite Comfort Food Recipes.
All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag or you can follow us through TweetChat.
We’d also love to feature your easy go to recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest boardand share them with all of our followers, too.Peace be withyou,

103 Responses to “Chicken Noodle Soup”

Leslie Limon — October 14, 2012 at 9:21 am

Yum! Yum! Yum! Nothing says comfort more than a big bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup. This looks delicious! :)

Momma's Meals — October 14, 2012 at 11:44 am

This takes me back to my mom’s good ol’ fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup, your right it’s comfort food! Still to this day I WANT mom’s soup when I’m sick. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Lizzy Do — October 14, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Chicken noodle soup is the ULTIMATE comfort food…I’m loving your recipe! Happy #SundaySupper!

Isabel Laessig — October 14, 2012 at 12:29 pm

ahh… chicken noodle soup. What could be more comforting? Love that you shared during #SundaySupper.

Baker Street — October 14, 2012 at 12:30 pm

It doesn’t get better than a bowl of chicken noodle soup! Truly the best thing ever! :)

Alaiyo Kiasi — October 14, 2012 at 12:38 pm

My son would love this. This is the classicl comfort food for anytime of the year! Yours looks great.

Jen @JuanitasCocina — October 14, 2012 at 12:42 pm

True comfort in a bowl. Simple beautiful, Veronica! <3

Katie — October 14, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Is there anything better than a bowl of chicken noodle soup on a cold day? I don’t think so! It is definitely one of the definitions of “comfort food” for me!

Heather Schmitt-Gonzalez — October 14, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Chicken Noodle Soup is on of my all-time favorite comfort foods!! It really does have healing properties. Beautiful bowl full, wish I could reach in and devour it.

Arlene@FlourOnMyFace — October 14, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I can’t wait for the cold weather to arrive so I can make a big pot of chicken noodle soup for the family. Love your pics!

Tara — October 14, 2012 at 2:52 pm

What is more comforting than Chicken Noodle Soup and yours looks perfect!!

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen — October 14, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I think chicken noodle soup is what comes to mind first when someone says comfort food. It looks truly wonderful!

Amy Kim (@kimchi_mom) — October 14, 2012 at 3:17 pm

ooooo…i like the touch of cream! sounds and looks great!

Anne @ Webicurean — October 14, 2012 at 4:28 pm

I manage too cook almost everything with white wine, yet I never thought of putting it in my chicken soup! Definitely want to give this a try.

Renee Dobbs — October 14, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Yep, chicken noodle soup is a real comfort food. Love it, especially when I have a cold or not feeling so good. I think it is medicine all by itself.

Krayl @ An Appealing Plan — October 14, 2012 at 4:39 pm

This almost, almost makes me want to have a sick day! Under the covers with a bowl and crusty bread. hmmm.

german in pdx — October 14, 2012 at 5:02 pm

i love chicken noodle soup. It is so comforting! I

Debra Eliotseats — October 14, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I love that it is almost soup weather.

Alice Choi — October 14, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Nothing says comfort like a bowl of chicken noodle soup! Love this post!!!

Jennie @themessybakerblog — October 14, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Chicken noodle soup is the epitome of comfort food. Your recipe sounds delish and your soup looks amazing.

Stephanie Zielinski — October 14, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Lovely Chicken Noodle Soup! Comfort food at it’s finest.

Heather Lynne — October 14, 2012 at 7:33 pm

I believe this is the ultimate comfort food. Nothing makes me feel as good as a nice, hot bowl of chicken noodle soup.

Brandie @ Home Cooking Memories — October 14, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Homemade chicken noodle soup (or turkey noodle soup) is one of my husband’s ultimate comfort foods. He LOVES it when I made it. I’m really loving your version…I’ve never put yummy stuff like parmasan cheese, cream, and wine in mine!

Megan Wood — October 14, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Homemade chicken noodle soup is my ultimate comfort food. Classic yummy recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Lane — October 14, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Delicious looking recipe! Wish I had this for dinner tonight.

Kim Bee — October 14, 2012 at 9:20 pm

The epitome of comfort food if you ask me. Love how pretty and hearty this is. Great job on this week’s theme Veronica.

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — October 14, 2012 at 10:22 pm

I love soup weather, and this is the perfect soup for comfort food. Love all the noodles!

Linda A. Thompson-Ditch — October 15, 2012 at 1:10 am

I adore chicken noodle soup, and yours looks perfect!

Amber @ Mamas Blissful Bites — October 15, 2012 at 1:30 am

Chicken noodle soup is the best eva! Add some heavy cream and I’m in love! Thank you so much for sharing. I know what I’m making the kiddos when they have a cold 😉

Jennifer B — October 15, 2012 at 4:08 am

I love chicken noodle soup, especially the kind that is more ingredient than broth. It looks like you do just that!

The Wimpy Vegetarian — October 15, 2012 at 4:25 am

Chicken noodle soup is one of the all time comfort foods!! Great recipe and such a wonderful photo!!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — October 15, 2012 at 5:34 am

Amazing! I could have this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

FamilySpice — October 15, 2012 at 8:44 am

This is my kids’ all-time favorite soup. Whether it’s 100º or 40º outside, my middle-child will eat chicken noodle soup morning, noon and night! YUM!

Laura Hunter — October 15, 2012 at 9:41 am

Chicken noodle soup is one of those essential Autumn dishes for me. So simple and hearty, perfect for cold dark nights.

diabeticFoodie — October 15, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I love chicken noodle soup, especially when I’m sick. Your version looks perfect!

kwistinsfavorites — October 16, 2012 at 12:35 am

Chicken noodle is one of my favorites and I have never made my own, I will try this one for sure when I do. I’d love to this fall especially when it gets colder out. Thanks for the recipe :) Great pictures!

Conni Smith — October 16, 2012 at 6:26 am

Seriously, I think there isn’t anything that screams “comfort food” more than chicken noodle soup!

Martin D — October 16, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I must confess I’ve never made homemade chicken noodle soup. Mostly, I think, because I tend to only consume it when I’m sick. But your recipe and the photo make me want to reconsider. I love how it looks PACKED with veggies, noodle and chicken. You won’t get that out of a can!

Sarah — October 16, 2012 at 2:18 pm

There is nothing more comforting and heart warming than a big bowl of good chicken noodle soup. Your soup looks so hearty and welcoming!

Angie Barrett — October 16, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Chicken Noodle Soup! Classic and wonderful!

Carla — October 16, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Can’t beat good ol’ homemade chicken noodle soup! That is the definition of comfort.

cindys recipes — October 17, 2012 at 10:12 am

One of my favorite comfort foods!

Patricia Stagich — October 17, 2012 at 2:52 pm

This sure is a different spin Veronica! Sounds awfully good!

Mama.Mommy.Mom. — October 17, 2012 at 6:24 pm

I have chicken noodle soup going in the crockpot right now! I’m too lazy to deal with bones, so I use boneless skinless, Yours looks great!

Jamie @

Sunithi Selvaraj, RD — October 20, 2012 at 2:57 am

Sounds & looks very flavorful ! Nothing like chicken soup to calm the soul ! Yummm !

Amanda — October 20, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Delicious! Soup with cream mmmmm

Quick Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe — July 30, 2014 at 7:17 am

Thanks for finally talking about >My Catholic Kitchen

domain — October 11, 2014 at 7:45 pm

It’s actually a cool and useful piece of information. I’m happy that you simply
    shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this.
    Thank you for sharing.

1. Pingback: #SundaySupper: Rustic Cauliflower and Tomato Gratin | The Wimpy Vegetarian

2. Pingback: Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream for #SundaySupper | Cravings of a Lunatic

3. Pingback: Sunday Supper Recipes

4. Pingback: Dorie’s Chicken in a Pot for #SundaySupper’s First BirthdayHip Foodie Mom | Hip Foodie Mom

5. Pingback: Pepperoni and Mozzarella Pull Apart by Noshing With The Nolands inspired by In the Kitchen with KP #SundaySupper | Noshing With The Nolands

6. Pingback: GlutenFree Chicken Brushetta for #SundaySupper | The Meltaways

7. Pingback: Spicy Pulled Pork Sandwiches

8. Pingback: Goat Cheese Rigatoni Alfredo Recipe for #SundaySupper

9. Pingback: Happy Birthday #SundaySupper Pork Ragu and mini mac and cheese cups | Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends

10. Pingback: Apple Pull Apart Bread with Caramel Drizzle & Happy Birthday #SundaySupper | Cravings of a Lunatic

11. Pingback: Feijoada Portuguese Bean Stew #SundaySupper

12. Pingback: Cherry Tart for a Special Birthday #SundaySupper | Happy Baking Days

13. Pingback: Asian Meatballs for #SundaySupper’s First Birthday! | gotta get baked

14. Pingback: Wine Pairings for #SundaySupper Birthday Celebration - ENOFYLZ Wine Blog

15. Pingback: Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinade #SundaySupper | Peanut Butter and Peppers

16. Pingback: Easy Italian Wedding Soup #SundaySupper | Webicurean

17. Pingback: Polish Hunter's Stew {Bigos} for #SundaySupper | MarocMama

18. Pingback: Tomato Florentine Soup and A Special #SundaySupper Birthday! | Mama.Mommy.Mom.

19. Pingback: Homemade Harissa Paste for #Sundaysupper | Masala Herb

20. Pingback: Honey Butter Dinner Rolls #SundaySupper | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts

21. Pingback: Chicken Burger/CurrySlaw #SundaySupper - Cindy's Recipes and Writings

22. Pingback: Skillet Corn and Edamame with Spinach and Bacon | Lovely Pantry

23. Pingback: Pulled Pickled Pork ~ #SundaySupper Turns One! | Juanita's Cocina

24. Pingback: Hand Pies #SundaySupper » Curious Cuisiniere

25. Pingback: Anniversary Gathering for #SundaySupper Featuring: Cheesecake with Fresh Strawberries | An Appealing Plan

26. Pingback: Nutella Shortbread Bars for #SundaySupper | kelly bakes

27. Pingback: #SundaySupper Coconut Cranberry Honey Nut Cookies | Mama's Blissful Bites

28. Pingback: Lasagna Soup - Happy Birthday #SundaySupper - The Girl in the Little Red KitchenThe Girl in the Little Red Kitchen

29. Pingback: Caramel Apple Bread | It’s Your Birthday #SundaySupper! | The Foodie Army Wife

30. Pingback: CHOCOLATE CHIP CUT-OUT COOKIES Celebrating a One Year Anniversary of #SundaySupper | Basic N Delicious

31. Pingback: Spiced nuts. Sweet N spicy roasted spiced nuts

32. Pingback: Jalapeno & Bacon Mac N' Cheese #SundaySupper | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts

33. Pingback: Comfort Food Rewind: Mini Mac n Cheese Cups with Pork Shoulder Ragù for #SundaySupperHip Foodie Mom | Hip Foodie Mom

34. Pingback: Carrot, Parsnip and Lentil Casserole #SundaySupper

35. Pingback: Shrimp Twice Baked Potatoes | Cheesy, Shrimp Stuffed in a Potato Skin | The Daily Dish Recipes

36. Pingback: Dark Chocolate Caramel Brownies | The Daily Dish Recipes

37. Pingback: Creamy Chicken Enchiladas - Home Cooking Memories

38. Pingback: Carrot Gratin of the Gods

39. Pingback: How to Make Persian Basmati Rice with Saffron for #SundaySupperFamily Spice

40. Pingback: Ditalini Italian Soup for #SundaySupper - The Foodie Patootie

41. Pingback: GlutenFree Chicken Brushetta for #SundaySupper | Blueberries and Blessings

42. Pingback: Wholegrain Baked Samosa Stuffed With Sweet Potatoes & Peas #SundaySupper - SUE'S NUTRITION BUZZ

43. Pingback: Gluten Free Cornish Pasty #SundaySupper | MarocMama

44. Pingback: Individual Chicken Pot Pies for Comfort Foods at #SundaySupper | Noshing With The Nolands

45. Pingback: Budget Friendly Breakfast – Freezable Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwiches #SundaySupper : In The Kitchen With KP

46. Pingback: Quiche aux Champignons {Mushroom Quiche} #SundaySupper | An Appealing Plan

47. Pingback: Smores Hot Cocoa | Chocolate Moosey

48. Pingback: Mexican Hot Cocoa Sandwich Cookies | Chocolate Moosey

49. Pingback: Chocolate Layer Cake for #SundaySupper | Magnolia Days

50. Pingback: Biscuits and Chocolate Gravy ~ Comfort Food #SundaySupper! | Juanita's Cocina

51. Pingback: Ditalini Italian Soup for #SundaySupper

52. Pingback: Ditalini Italian Soup | Recipe for #SundaySupper

53. Pingback: Feijoada Portuguese Bean Stew — Family Foodie

54. Pingback: #SundaySupper Hot Dr. Pepper with Lemon #FamilyTradition #ComfortFood | Kwistin's Favorites

55. Pingback: Old Fashioned Mac and Cheese - Flour On My Face