Caprese Bites

This is one of my favorite go to appetizers.
You can’t beat fresh tomatoes and basil, both freshly plucked from your garden.
Well the fresh mozzarella didn’t come from there, but it is still fresh.
I am trying as I may, to squeeze out the last bit of summer goodness that I can.
I am trying before the cold winds of autumn begin to approach.

[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:8]

46 Responses to “Caprese Bites”

Laura Hunter — September 30, 2012 at 8:59 am

These not only look tasty but are so cute. These would be fabulous at a party

Amber @ Mama's Blissful Bites — September 30, 2012 at 11:17 am

This is one of my favorite go-to apps as well! But you blow it out of the park, it’s sooo pretty! Thank you for sharing!

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen — September 30, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Caprese is such a perennial combination of flavors, and it always works! Wonderful bites. Happy sunday!

Stephanie{TheCookieADayChallenge} — September 30, 2012 at 1:04 pm

As beautiful as they are delicious, the perfect starter for any meal!

Jen @JuanitasCocina — September 30, 2012 at 1:32 pm

There’s nothing better than caprese. I could eat it every day!

Amy Kim (@kimchi_mom) — September 30, 2012 at 1:40 pm

I made these for a party once. So easy, flavorful, fresh, AND pretty! Who doesn’t love salad on a stick?! :-)

Baker Street — September 30, 2012 at 1:42 pm

basil, tomato and boconcini – who could say no?! love the way you presented it. :)

seetfei — September 30, 2012 at 2:17 pm

This is the most beautiful caprese I have seen! Yummy!

Tara Noland — September 30, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I love this combination, made it every night when we were in Italy. You have made them look so adorable too!

Nicole @ The Daily Dish — September 30, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Oh I love these! I’ve had them several times, but never in such a pretty presentation like you did. So cute!

german in pdx — September 30, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Wow – these look amazing! What a delicious, fun idea for a party!

Lane — September 30, 2012 at 5:42 pm

These are the cutest little appetizer ever. Great for serving at a summer party!

Karen Hartzell — September 30, 2012 at 5:59 pm

So cute! I am not sure anyone else would get any of these if I saw the plate first! One of my favorite combos!

Heather Lynne — September 30, 2012 at 6:31 pm

These are so cute! What a great idea for a party-they are hand held, easy to put together, and much healthier then the apps I usually serve!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — September 30, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Too cute! I could eat 100 of these right about now!

Melanie — September 30, 2012 at 9:35 pm

YUM! and such a pretty picture, too!

Sarah Reid — September 30, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Those are adorable!

Amanda — September 30, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Beautiful! On my list for our next party!

Kim Bee — September 30, 2012 at 10:33 pm

This is such a cool recipe. My hubs would love this. I need some of those pointy stabby things really bad.

Jennie @themessybakerblog — September 30, 2012 at 10:48 pm

These are adorable. I love the idea of a grab-and-go appetizer. Yum!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — October 1, 2012 at 12:21 am

What a gorgeous little appetizer. So fresh and perfect

Sunithi Selvaraj, RD — October 1, 2012 at 12:47 am

These look gorgeous !! I would love to make this & surprise my guests ! Pinning it !

Lizzy Do — October 1, 2012 at 1:02 am

So cute, so easy, so yummy!!! Great #Sunday Supper idea :)

Lyn @LovelyPantry — October 1, 2012 at 4:21 am

Well aren’t these some bite-sized fun! So cute! Love it!

Renee Dobbs — October 1, 2012 at 10:18 am

Such a nice appetizer for entertaining, well, that is, if I would share them. I think I could eat the whole platter. I love caprese salad. I could see a little side dipping of balsamic vinegar too.

Megan Wood — October 1, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Love love love this! They are so cute.

diabeticFoodie — October 1, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I use these ingredients together a lot, but never in such an adorable form!

Soni — October 1, 2012 at 3:20 pm

These looks gorgeous!! Love how simple and easy to put together too :)

kwistinsfavorites — October 1, 2012 at 5:08 pm

These are so cute!! And perfect for a party, love them. And everyone loves caprese these days, my hubs will definitely like this!

mommasmeals — October 1, 2012 at 5:17 pm

I swear I should have a Caprese Page because I thought I made everything into Caprese something in the past few months, here is one I haven’t! Thanks for sharing.

Alice Choi — October 2, 2012 at 2:12 pm

OMG, I LOVE this and these are so adorable! I’m going to do this the next time I entertain for sure! And I bet some balsamic vinegar splashed on on top, or on the side, would be wonderful!

Susan — October 2, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Simple, tasty and beautiful. I could also eat the entire tray of these in one sitting!

Roz — August 10, 2013 at 4:02 am

Hello Veronica,

I would love to include your lovely Caprese bites in my Tomato Round-up coming up soon (I’m in the FB group for bloggers who love round-ups). I am a Catholic food blogger and would be honored if you would allow me to use your photo, but if not, please do let me know. I will also be preparing your Caprese bites for my daughter’s baby shower in one month, of which i have the time and ability to post about and link back to the blogging sources! Thanks, Roz from La Bella Vita Cucina!

Blessings,
    Roz

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: Pa Jun or Korean Scallion Pancakes #SundaySupper

2. Pingback: Roasted Moroccan Rack of Lamb {#SundaySupper} | MarocMama

3. Pingback: Spaghetti with Kale & Sausage #SundaySupper | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts

4. Pingback: Goat Cheese Alfredo

5. Pingback: Homemade Instant Oatmeal #SundaySupper - Home Cooking Memories

6. Pingback: 5 Ingredient Recipes – Creamy Ham Linguine | The Daily Dish Recipes

7. Pingback: Herbed Butter Pork Chops #SundaySupper

8. Pingback: Stuffed Shells for #SundaySupper | Cravings of a Lunatic

9. Pingback: Beef Tenderloin with Stilton Pecan Butter for Dishes in 5 Ingredients or Less #SundaySupper | Noshing With The Nolands

10. Pingback: Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars #SundaySupper : In The Kitchen With KP

11. Pingback: Roasted Shrimp With Chili-Lime Sauce for #SundaySupper

12. Pingback: Shrimp-Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes | Juanita's Cocina

13. Pingback: Fresh Mint Ice Cream with Mint M&M's - The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen