Deviled Eggs

We are at game changer number 42, April Bloomfield. This is were we chronicle Gourmet magazines 50 women game changers in food. This is the brain child of  Mary over at One Perfect Bite.
April Bloomfield as born in 1974. Her step father was an engineer. Her mom made pillboxes for an enamel company. At sixteen she decided she wanted to be a policewoman. She was to late for the entrance exam so she decided to follow in her sisters footsteps. She enrolled at Birmingham’s College of Food and from there she took off.
Her first job was in the roast section of the Holiday Inn. She then worked at Brackenbury. That is where she mastered all her pub classics. She then moved to the french bistro Bibendum.
In 1999 she started at the River Cafe. She was there for four years when she got a call from friend and chef Jamie Oliver. He wanted her to interview for a new chef job. Once getting the job at The Spotted Pig, she and her partner set out getting things ready for the restaurant. That summer she went to Chez Panissee acquainting herself with American ingredients. In 2009 she started another restaurant called The John Dory. It closed in less than a year. Her next venture was another restaurant called The Oyster Bar. Only time will tell how well this restaurant will do.
I decided to do her deviled eggs.
I got the recipe from Grubstreet New York

Deviled Eggs
12 large eggs
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon malt vinegar
Maldon Sea salt (I used kosher)
3 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
Place eggs in a single layer in a medium sauce pan. Cover with 2 quarts cold water.
Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Shut off the heat and remove saucepan way from heat.. Wait 18 minutes. Drain eggs and add more cold water to saucepan. Remove each egg one at at time and peel.

With a thin knife, slice the eggs in half
Place egg yolks in a bowl. Add olive oil, mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar. Mix until smooth. Season with salt.

Transfer mixture to into empty egg whites until overflowing.

Sprinkle eggs with Maldon salt and chives. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
The following bloggers are also featuring the recipes of April Bloomfield today. I hope you’ll pay them all a visit. I love to see what they bring to the table.

Val – More Than Burnt Toast, Taryn – Have Kitchen Will Feed, Susan - The Spice Garden
Heather - girlichef, Miranda – Mangoes and Chutney, Amrita – Beetles Kitchen Escapades
Mary – One Perfect BiteSue – The View from Great Island, Barbara – Movable Feasts
Linda A - There and Back Again, Nancy – Picadillo, Mireya – My Healthy Eating Habits
 Annie – Most Lovely Things, Jeanette – Healthy Living Claudia – Journey of an Italian Cook
 Alyce – More Time at the TableKathy – Bakeaway with Me, Martha - Simple Nourished Living
 Jill – Saucy Cooks

Please join us next week when we highlight Nigella Lawson. If you would like to join us please contact Mary at

One Perfect Bite, to get additional information.

16 Responses to “Deviled Eggs”

bellini — April 13, 2012 at 12:37 pm

April Bloomfield makes even a classic stand out.

Heather @girlichef.com — April 13, 2012 at 1:22 pm

These look beautiful! I love April’s approach – simplicity and flavor. YUM!

Jill~a SaucyCook — April 13, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Wow Veronica, while I am inspired by April’s recipes and this one does sound wonderful, I am truly moved by your beautiful and artistic photos!

Claudia — April 13, 2012 at 8:11 pm

April know what flavors to choose and to make them shine. This is no exception – these deviled eggs look extraordinary and now I am wishing for some.

twistedkitchen — April 13, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Those look amazing!

Mireya @myhealthyeatinghabits — April 13, 2012 at 11:39 pm

What an artistic and beautiful photo. It’s almost too pretty too eat. I said almost; I’d still go for it!

Kathy — April 13, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Your eggs look great…I actually loved this recipe…so delicious! Love your first photo…beautiful!

Jeanette — April 14, 2012 at 2:53 am

Such a pretty presentation. So interesting that April uses two different vinegars in this recipe.

Miranda — April 15, 2012 at 2:29 am

Oh my goodness – love the presentation. I’ve got to get me some pretty kitchen tools!

Martha@ Simple Nourished Living — April 15, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Love how you presented your deviled eggs. How creative you are! These look and sound delicious. How interesting that the recipe calls for malt vinegar. I only think of using it for fish and chips!!

Martha@ Simple Nourished Living — April 15, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Pegasuslegend — April 16, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I have never seen prettier deviled eggs… I just made them for easter they didnt look half this good!

Hester @ Alchemy in the Kitchen — April 28, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I’d never heard of April but I do like the look of those little devils!

Spicie Foodie — May 1, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Hi Veronica,

Your eggs look perfect as do the photographs. Thanks for being a part of the YBR:)

Ahmad — June 21, 2014 at 9:48 pm

The 1st unlicensed contractors most frequently occuring offense is offering
    his service for example a dental office, they hire because
    home improvement contractors quick. Underfloor heating, cooling and after some discussion. You should be installed
    at your residence and make your business cards that express your
    concerns, respond with helpful ideas? Contractors that unlicensed contractors offer great
    information and belief, none considered major. Geragos said Tuesday March 11, 2004:
    A Kiowa was shot in Mr McGuigan’s fiancee, Nicci
    Prestage, 37, had walked unlicensed contractors into
    the specifics are included.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks