Soft Boiled Egg and Severine Von Tscharner Fleming Game Changer # 37

I feel kinda guilty about this next post. This dish was so easy to make and simply delicious. I don’t really consider it a recipe. We are at # 37 in our Gourmet 50 Women Game Changers . This is where Mary from One Perfect Bite leads us through all 50 women game changers. Today is Saverine Von Tscharner Fleming. Say that ten times fast!

There has been an overwhelming interest and demand in organic food. It makes us beg the question, where is our food coming from? In this instant access to everything, we want fresher cleaner ingredients for our diet. As consumers we have become more savvy in knowing what gets put on our plate.

This is where Severine Von Tscherner Fleming comes in. She is an activist, promoter, farmer and agrarian. Her grass roots organization helps supply the tools and support for new farmers.
Severine made a documentary called The Greenhorns. In this documentary she discussed a sleuth of modern issues such as environmental contaminants and farm bills.

Severine graduated with a B.S. in Conservative AgroEcology from University of California Berkley. This force of nature is the co-founder of the National Young Farmers Coalition.

In honor of her, I made soft boiled eggs. You can get the recipe here. I also provided one below.

Three Minute Egg
Soft Boiled Egg
1 fresh egg
1 baguette slice
butter
salt and freshly ground pepper.
Put a medium saucepan filled half way with water on the stove over medium to high heat. Once the pan begins to boil add the egg to the water and set the timer for three minutes. While the egg is boiling toast the baguette slice and slather with butter.
When the timer goes off remove the eggs with a slotted spoon. Turn off the heat.
Place the eggs in the cups and cut off the top of the egg. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Dip the toast into the egg. Using a spoon scoop out the egg and enjoy.

The following bloggers are also featuring recipes from Seveine Von Tscharner Fleming.  Please pay them a visit and see what they have to bring to the table.
Val – More Than Burnt Toast, Taryn – Have Kitchen Will Feed, Susan - The Spice Garden, Heather - girlichef, Miranda – Mangoes and Chutney, Jeanette – Healthy Living
Mary – One Perfect Bite, Kathleen - Bake Away with Me, Sue – The View from Great Island Barbara – Movable Feasts , Linda A - There and Back Again, Nancy – Picadillo
Mireya – My Healthy Eating Habits, Annie – Most Lovely Things, Claudia – Journey of an Italian Cook, Alyce – More Time at the Table, Amrita – Beetles Kitchen Escapades
Please join us next week when we feature Darina Allen.

15 Responses to “Soft Boiled Egg and Severine Von Tscharner Fleming Game Changer # 37”

bellini — March 2, 2012 at 12:15 pm

This recipe epitomizes what she stands for. Great choice.

Willow — March 2, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Great post! And I’ve always wanted to try soft-boiling… it’s probably the only way I have yet to prepare an egg. It really does sound simple, though – thanks for the ‘recipe’!

Susan Lindquist — March 2, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Simple and perfect … a great post, Veronica!

Heather @girlichef.com — March 2, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Mmmm….aside from a poached egg, soft-boiled is my absolute favorite. I may have to have one for dinner now. So beautiful :D

The Mom Chef — March 2, 2012 at 10:50 pm

How did I not see this earlier? It’s stunning. I LOVE soft boiled eggs. I have ever since I was just a little girl. Now I have to go make some. Beautiful photo.

Mary — March 3, 2012 at 12:20 am

I love your photos. You have the eye of a professional and you did a great job with this challenge. Severine was one of the most difficult subjects we’ve had to date. You really did a nice job with the limited information that is available. I hope you have a great weekend. Blessings…Mary

Lizzy — March 3, 2012 at 2:03 am

Gorgeous! I think everyone needs to know how to make the perfect soft boiled egg. Have a wonderful weekend~

Christine's Pantry — March 3, 2012 at 4:55 am

Well done. Have a good weekend.

Eliotseats — March 3, 2012 at 11:34 am

I always have to smile when on Top Chef they ask the contestants to make a perfect egg dish and EVERYONE goes pale with fear. :) Again, I had not heard of this Game Changer or her documentary. Thanks again for the lesson!

BeetleBuggy — March 3, 2012 at 5:45 pm

LOL you don’t have to feel guilty, Veronica! Sometimes the best things in life are the simple things. And this is a simple, yet classic staple, which is also a perfect pick for this week’s honoree :) Beautiful pictures, I love the first one!

Jeanette — March 3, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I think that’s what Severine is all about – simple, fresh food, so your soft boiled egg is perfect!

Jeanette — March 3, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Lacy @ NYCityEats — March 13, 2012 at 8:42 pm

These pictures are gorgeous! I love the little egg holder & the slice of toast in the egg. I’m a huge fan of soft boiled eggs but I’ve never had one this way. Guess I’ll just have to try it out! :)

Lizzy — April 10, 2012 at 1:21 am

Hey, my hubby had to ask me how to make hard boiled eggs the other day…so go ahead and post away…there’s a need for all sorts of recipes! Thanks for the information about Saverine…truly a game changer~

Loveforfood — April 14, 2012 at 7:21 am

i am so thrilled by your photos! gorgeous!