Blackbean Brownies and SRC

For this months Secret Recipe Club I got the blog deli-cute-essen.

This is a cute little blog written beautifully by Devon.
She is from Quebec Canada.
She loves baking, slow cooking, crafting, unicycling and knitting.
I decided to make her vegan black bean brownies.
You can get the recipe here.

They were moist and delicious.

My family loved them, until I told them they had black beans in them.

They then turned their nose up at them and asked that I not trick them like that again.

Will I trick them again?

You bet!

That is the only way I can get good healthy food in their systems.

20 Responses to “Blackbean Brownies and SRC”

Jennifer | Mother Thyme — March 19, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I love black beans and brownies so I definitely have to give these a try. They look so chewy and delicious! Perfect recipe for SRC! :)

Eliotseats — March 19, 2012 at 5:45 pm

I had deli-cute-essen in December for SRC. I still love those cookies I made (Trail Mix Cookies). These brownies look amazing and nice way to trick your family! :)

Erin — March 19, 2012 at 6:00 pm

This is awesome! I’m going to make these and see if my kids will eat them too. (And not tell them!) They look wonderful!

Lacy @ NYCityEats — March 19, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Haha! I love how they liked the brownies until they knew there were beans in them! lol! I’ve always wondered if you could tell the difference! Now I know, going to have to try these now! :)

Feast on the Cheap — March 19, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Too funny! I JUST made a chocolate black bean cake last week. So good…

heidi — March 19, 2012 at 6:35 pm

I made blondies with chickpeas for SRC once, and you couldn’t tell either – will have to give this a shot as well!

Sara — March 19, 2012 at 6:58 pm

That is a great idea – to make brownies with black beans. I had your blog for SRC and really enjoyed the vodka sauce! Thanks.

Jamie @ Cookin' with Moxie — March 19, 2012 at 7:18 pm

My best friend who always uses beans as replacements in food would LOVE these brownies! Thanks for posting so I can share with her!

The Café Sucré Farine — March 19, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Love this! And love your photo, so fun! The brownies actually look extremely decadent!

themommybowl.com — March 19, 2012 at 7:22 pm

How funny! Just should have kept it a secret, eh? :)

Chelsy Ethridge — March 19, 2012 at 10:22 pm

I absolutely love black bean brownies. I have made them numerous times and you can’t tell the difference. I would even go as far to say that they are better than regular brownies! Most definitely!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — March 19, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Don’t you love tricking them? I did that once with sauerkraut, I put it in chocolate muffins and giggled with glee when they fought over the last one. I’ve offered to make them again but for some reason they don’t want me to make them?

These sound delicious! I happen to love black beans!

Anne@FromMySweetHeart — March 19, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Veronica…I’ve heard great things about black bean brownies but have yet to try them! Yours look deeply fudgey and moist! : )

weheartvegan — March 20, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Yup… just went in to my make this week pile! So much for bathing suit season LOL!

- Brittany @ WeHeartVegan

Teri@thefreshmancook — March 21, 2012 at 2:44 am

Yummy~these look good!

Winelady Cooks — March 22, 2012 at 9:29 pm

These look delicious. I’m always looking for recipes that are vegan or dairy free, so you know I’m definitely going to try these. My grandsons luv brownies — I’m going to make them, they’ll never know what’s in them.

I just joined you on Linky Followers, please stop by and follow back when you have a chance.

Thanks for sharing,
    Joanne

ms.composure — March 24, 2012 at 5:11 am

Stumbled onto your blog via the blog hop and just wanted to show you some blog luv! def enjoyed this post :) new follower!

Lisa~~ — March 25, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Your brownies look rich and delicious and I would just keep the healthy secret to myself if I made these for my family so that no one would have reason to not like them.

If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to check out my Group ‘A’ SRC entry: Broiled Sushi.

Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

Christie — February 1, 2013 at 5:41 am

I tried these, with the highest hopes and anticipation. The appearance and texture were undeniably great. Unfortunately, my family wouldn’t eat more after their first taste (and they didn’t even know anything about the recipe.) Maybe it’s the killer brownie recipe I usually use (double chocolate) that was hard to compete with? Though the brownies did not taste like black beans, the banana flavor was a bit evident and these just didn’t cut the mustard with my group. Neither sweet, nor chocolate-y, enough. Was sad to toss out the remainder after we all tried them. I was so hopeful! Glad all the rest of you liked ‘em, though!

vgantley — February 1, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I am sorry to hear about your brownies. This was not my recipe, but a fellow blogger. I have made brownies with blackbeans when I was with weight watchers, The family couldnt taste the difference but when I told them they said please dont make those anymore. . Boy your double chocolate kind must be amazing!