Chocolate Brownies Gourmet Game Changer #31 Donna Hay

Donna Hay has many hats.
 She is a food stylist, author, magazine editor to name just a few.
She is number 31 on Gourmet 50 Women Game Changers.
Her food preparation, along with photography style runs along the lines of being basic, simple and fresh.
She makes it look effortless.
Donna Hay sells everything from cookies to cook ranges. She has 18 award winning cookbooks and writes a food column. Her highly acclaimed, and drool worthy magazine Donna Hay is the top selling international food magazine at both Barnes and Nobles and Borders.
She live in Australia with her husband Bill and two Children.

Chocolate Brownies
Adapted from Donna Hay
200g dark chocolate chopped
250 g butter chopped
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/4 cup AP flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Place chocolate and butter in a sauce pan over low heat and allow to melt. Beat until smooth and allow to cool slightly
In a medium bowl combine sugar, eggs, cocoa, flour and baking soda. Add chocolate mixture and mix to combine. Pour into a square 20 cm glass or metal baking pan.
Bale for 50 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.
Cut into 16 pieces.

The following bloggers are also featuring the recipes of Donna Hay today. I hope you’ll visit all of them.
Val – More Than Burnt Toast, Joanne – Eats Well With Others, Taryn – Have Kitchen Will Feed Susan - The Spice Garden, Claudia - A Seasonal Cook in Turkey, Heather - girlichef
Miranda – Mangoes and Chutney, Jeanette – Healthy Living, April – Abby Sweets
Katie - Making Michael Pollan Proud, Mary – One Perfect Bite, Kathleen - Bake Away with Me
Viola - The Life is Good Kitchen, Sue – The View from Great Island, Barbara – Movable Feasts Kathleen – Gonna Want Seconds, Amy – Beloved Green, Linda - Ciao Chow Linda
Linda A - There and Back Again, Martha – Lines from Linderhof, Nancy – Picadillo
Mireya – My Healthy Eating Habits, Annie – Most Lovely Things,
Claudia – Journey of an Italian Cook
Stay tuned next week when we feature Tracey Rider and Carole Topalian

23 Responses to “Chocolate Brownies Gourmet Game Changer #31 Donna Hay”

bellini — January 20, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Bring on the milk with these luscious brownies. Donna Hay is my favourite woman game changer so far.

Lacy — January 20, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Oh man I’ve had a serious craving for brownies recently. Yours look like chocolatey-deliciousness! Yum!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table — January 20, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Donna Hay is brilliant. So many brownies around the blog world lately! Yours look perfect – that flaky top is my favorite. I may have to make a batch today!

Susan Lindquist — January 20, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Ah! The quest for the perfect brownie continues, I see! That brownie and glass of milk is just such a pleasant temptation! Isn’t Donna Hay something? She really is a phenome Down Under! Watch out Martha Stewart!

Claudia — January 20, 2012 at 4:02 pm

It’s the dark chocolate – captivates me every time. Enjoying the recipes from Donna Hay quite a lot and now I need to add these brownies to my growing list!

Alyce — January 20, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Luscious chocolate! Good anytime.

Christine's Pantry — January 20, 2012 at 9:46 pm

This looks so good. Yum!

Veronica's Kitchen — January 20, 2012 at 10:29 pm

I first follow Donna Hay when she writes for the Brisbane newspaper, I love the simple recipes and her simple but stylish photography.

Eliotseats — January 20, 2012 at 11:22 pm

The brown sugar is an interesting ingredient for brownies. (I love that first pic of the brownie on top of the glass of milk.) I am posting a coffee inspired brownie tomorrow. (Great minds…!) :)

Barbara — January 21, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Your photos are perfect, Veronica! And the brownie looks moist and delicious. I’ve never made her brownies. These look every bit as good (if not better) than my favorite old recipe!

Heather @ girlichef.com — January 21, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Even though I didn’t blog about them, I actually made some of her brownies last night…very similar, but with raspberries. Yum! These look great :D

TheChocolatePriestess — January 21, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Looks great and I’ll be mentioning some brownies I made from scratch in cookbook review next week or so myself.

Hester @ Alchemy in the Kitchen — January 21, 2012 at 7:26 pm

They look like everything a brownie should be. I’m loving your game changers series, Veronica.

Jeanette — January 21, 2012 at 9:11 pm

I love the simplicity of Donna Hay’s recipes – these brownies look nice and chewy!

Lark (SparkyLarky)@ Lark's Country Heart — January 21, 2012 at 10:21 pm

These Looks so soft and good. I am now craving some brownies!!
    Thanks for sharing!

Lark (SparkyLarky)@ Lark's Country Heart — January 21, 2012 at 10:21 pm

These Looks so soft and good. I am now craving some brownies!!
    Thanks for sharing!

Ann — January 22, 2012 at 6:17 am

Wow! Amazing brownies! I LOVE the photos with this one, too! Can i have a few with that glass of milk?

Mary — January 22, 2012 at 7:11 am

These really look delicious. I love the ease with which her food can be made. You did a great job with the brownies. I hope you have a great weekend. Blessings…Mary

Evan Thomas — January 23, 2012 at 1:11 am

These brownies look deliciously fudgy; great recipe!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — January 23, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I’m not sure there is anything better in this world than a warm, homemade brownie with a big glass of milk!

Torviewtoronto — January 28, 2012 at 4:38 pm

delicious looking brownie

Lizzy — January 29, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Beautiful brownies! And a recipe I haven’t tried…but will!!!

Peggy — February 7, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Those brownies look amazing! Wish I just had one right now =)