Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Gourmet magazines 50 women game changers

Each week my blogger friends get together and feature Gourmet magazines 50 women game changers.
 This week it is Ree Drummond.
Unless you just crawled out from under a rock, she is the writer, photographer, blogger extraordinaire of the wildly popular website The Pioneer Woman.
Among other things, she is a cookbook author, mother, food celebrity and all around awesome lady. She lives on a ranch in Oklahoma with her husband Marlboro man, children and a menagerie of animals. She blogs about her experiences and we lap it up, like a kitten drinking a bowl of cream.
I love her Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp.

That is what I will share with you today.

2 pounds Raw frozen Shrimp, Deveined, Shells On
2 sticks Cold Unsalted Butter Cut Into Pieces
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
4 cloves Garlic, Peeled
½ teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper
1 whole Lemon, Juiced
1 handful of parsley
Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rinse frozen shrimp to separate, then arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.

In the bowl of a food processor, add cold butter, garlic, lemon juice, salt, parsley, and red pepper.
 Pulse until combined.
Sprinkle cold butter crumbles over the shrimp. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until your shrimp is pink.

Serve with hot crusty bread. Peel and eat the shrimp, then dip the bread into the butter in the bottom of the pan.
I agree with Ree when she told us “The juice left in the bottom of the pan is delicious dipped with the crusty bread.”
Oh my goodness!
Here are more bloggers that feature the recipes of Ree Drummond today.
I hope you get a chance to visit them.

Taryn – Have Kitchen Will Feed, Susan - The Spice Garden
Claudia - A Seasonal Cook in Turkey, Heather - girlichef
Miranda – Mangoes and Chutney, Jeanette – Healthy Living
April – Abby Sweets, Katie - Making Michael Pollan Proud
Mary – One Perfect Bite, Kathleen -Bake Away with Me
Viola - The Life is Good Kitchen, Sue – The View from Great Island
Barbara – Movable Feasts, Kathleen – Gonna Want Seconds
Amy – Beloved Green,Jeanette – Healthy Living
Linda - Ciao Chow Linda, Linda A - There and Back Again
Martha – Lines from Linderhof, Nancy – Picadillo

24 Responses to “Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Gourmet magazines 50 women game changers”

Barbara — October 28, 2011 at 12:44 pm

You chose a winner, Veronica! All that lovely garlic butter would be delicious!

girlichef — October 28, 2011 at 12:55 pm

I’m thinking the juices in the bottom of the pan would be my favorite part, too. Piling the shrimp and the juices on bruschetta sounds heavenly, actually. Very tasty choice.

Sue/the view from great island — October 28, 2011 at 1:21 pm

You had me at the flavored butter and crusty bread. Great choice, and welcome to the group!

Susan Lindquist — October 28, 2011 at 2:15 pm

MMM! What an easy and perfect way to cook shrimp! I love that Ree says she unabashedly uses frozen and convenience foods, as she shops in bulk only a few times a month. This is one way for her family to have a break from the local beef! You’ve done her proud, Veronica!

Gloria — October 28, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Look delicious Veronica I love shrimps!! gloria

Peggy — October 28, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Ree IS pretty amazing isn’t she? She just finds a way to comfort us all and makes real comfort food! This shrimp is no exception – sounds amazing =)

RavieNomNoms — October 28, 2011 at 5:56 pm

I would totally gobble this up! Love the lemon and garlic on the shrimp, they go well with them!

The Mom Chef — October 28, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Well, you must be a game changer then because I follow you and I don’t her. :)

The shrimp dish look yummy. I’m a huge scampi fan anyhow so this is right up my alley (especially with the addition of crusty bread!).

Mary — October 28, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Welcome to the gang! You picked a wonderful recipe to share with us. Those pan juices just beg for crusty bread to help mop them up. I’m so glad you’ve joined us. You are a great addition to the group.I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary

Cucina49 — October 28, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Your dish looks wonderful–I love Pioneer Woman and her wacky sense of humor!

Carolyn — October 29, 2011 at 12:21 am

Great recipe. Yep, Ree is a game changer, the first celebrity food blogger!

Erin — October 29, 2011 at 12:46 am

What a great shrimp recipe! I don’t always like shrimp, but this one looks amazing!

bellini — October 29, 2011 at 1:33 am

This is the perfect dish for gighloghting the Pioneer Woman herself. Welcome to Mary’s group!!!!!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — October 29, 2011 at 3:32 am

You can never go wrong with lemon and garlic on shrimp! This looks fantastic!

Christine's Pantry — October 29, 2011 at 5:26 am

I love shrimp. Great recipe.

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes — October 29, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I am a HUGE shrimp fan (now that’s an oxy moron!) and I think I could live on it! What a great recipe! Thank you!

Mireya @myhealthyeatinghabits — October 29, 2011 at 10:49 pm

This is absolutly delicious! I make something very similar with pasta and it’s really gets high ratings. Great choice!

Ann — October 30, 2011 at 12:00 am

What a FUN series to do! I love it…and the shrimp looks delicious!

Eliotseats — October 30, 2011 at 2:02 am

I am a fan of Ree’s but my claim to fame is that I know Mikey, her brother. He is a sweetheart. Her cinnamon roll recipe is my fave.

Jen at The Three Little Piglets — October 30, 2011 at 2:18 am

The Pioneer Woman’s Petite Vanilla Bean Scone recpe on her blog makes THE best scones I have ever put into my mouth. EVER!

Taryn (Have Kitchen, Will Feed) — October 30, 2011 at 3:59 am

Looks great – thanks for sharing.

Sudha — October 30, 2011 at 7:04 am

Hi Veronica,
    I have passed on the Versatile Blogger Award to your blog!Congratulations and please visit my blog to find out more about this!
    Cheers:)

Quay Po Cooks — October 31, 2011 at 8:47 am

OMG crusty bread with those pan juices makes me drool!

janet@cupcakestocaviar — November 3, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Oh wow this looks good! Shrimp, garlic… oh my… excuse me while I drool.