Cheesecake

I made cheesecake the other day. It has been a while since I made it.
My daughter requested it. She recently graduated from St. Pius X Catholic School. She is now off to high school. My monkey girl sure is growing up fast.
For her 8th grade graduation, she didn’t want a store bought cake.Nope, she wanted mommy to make her a homemade cheesecake.
So when I made this, the direction didn’t require a water bath.
So, to make a long story short, it cracked.
I don’t mean it cracked a little,
 I mean San Andreas fault cracked.
So I thought about putting a topping on it to hide it. Nope, monkey girl does not like toppings on her cheesecake. What monkey girl does like is chocolate. So in the freezer was a half open bag of white chocolate. I melted it with some cream.You know, to make a ganache.
 I poured it over the top and it covered the cracks.
It was so good, I think I may make it like this from now on, with or without the cracks.

[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:23]

15 Responses to “Cheesecake”

KonstantKraver — June 10, 2011 at 11:09 am

I would love to try a piece of this scrumptious cheesecake!

The Country Cook — June 10, 2011 at 1:44 pm

We are huge cheesecake lovers around here. It is Alex’s favorite dessert. Love the white chocolate ganache on top. That was pure genius right there. Hey, even when you do a water bath, you get cracks..lol. This is perfect!!

something_good — June 10, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Gosh, just in time for my afternoon coffee :D
    photos are gorgeous

Gloria — June 10, 2011 at 3:39 pm

This cheescake look adorable Veronica! blessings, gloria

Susan — June 10, 2011 at 10:08 pm

And also with you …

This cheesecake is just lovely! Our church had a cake contest last weekend and the winner of the teenage baking competition made a cheesecake with white chocolate drizzle … it was so delicious! i can just imagine your Monkey Girl loving your gift to her!

The photos in this post rock too! love the very first one!

Lark (SparkyLarky) — June 10, 2011 at 10:13 pm

You just knew I needed this ! Thank you! :)

It looks fabulous!

Come link it up to Made it on Monday, a weekly recipe link I host on my blog.

I hope to see you there soon! :)

Lizzy — June 11, 2011 at 12:33 am

Congrats to your daughter! How flattering that she’d rather have your dessert than a bakery cake! This cheesecake looks fabulous…especially with your white chocolate ganache…mmmmmmmm.

Krissy — June 11, 2011 at 7:49 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

Krissy — June 11, 2011 at 7:51 pm

This looks like a wonderful cheesecake…and I think it was extremely creative to spackle the cracks with white chocolate ganache mmmmmmmmm! Beautiful pics.

Hester Casey - Alchemy — June 12, 2011 at 12:51 pm

An excellent and very delicious solution to the San Andreas fault problem!

Kate@Diethood — June 12, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Your daughter knows what she likes!! I would also request this cheesecake from you…it looks crazy-delicious! I love the ganache!

briarrose — June 13, 2011 at 8:27 pm

So tasty. I use chocolate and caramel when my cheesecakes get uppity and crack on me. ;) White chocolate is an excellent idea I’ll have to remember for next time.

Sandra — June 14, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Yummy cheesecake for a very special occasion. The white chocolate is perfect on top.

Eliotseats — June 15, 2011 at 2:25 am

What a great idea! Some of the best recipes come from near disasters! Congrats on the new high schooler as well!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks