Crockpot Chocolate Dump Cake

Visualize if you will a rich dark chocolate brownie warm from the oven. Well, more like a chocolate souffle. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, melting down over it, and you are in heaven my friend. This, I made for our Christmas dessert. It was very easy to make, just dump the ingredients in the crock pot, turn on low for a few hours and enjoy your reward. It cant get any simpler than this. How something so simple can be so good is beyond me. It just is. Try this, you will be glad you did.

Crock pot Chocolate Dump Cake
1 package chocolate cake mix
1 pint sour cream
1 small package instant chocolate pudding
1 small bag chocolate chips
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1 cup water
Spray crock pot with non-stick spray. Mix all ingredients. Pour into crock pot. Mix together well. Close with lid and allow to cook on low 4-5 hours. Cake should rise while cooking, springback when done, be very moist, but not browned.

Serve warm. Preferably with ice cream.

14 Responses to “Crockpot Chocolate Dump Cake”

briarrose — December 28, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Oh this looks good….a definite fix for a chocolate craving. ;)

Stephanie — December 28, 2010 at 8:56 pm

What a clever idea – and only one pan to clean :) – thanks for sharing as this is a ‘must try!’

Veronica Gantley — December 29, 2010 at 1:02 am

Thanks guys, it is a very easy and yummy recipe. Thanks for the comments.

Mother Rimmy — December 29, 2010 at 4:44 pm

Fun! What a great idea, especially for cooks like myself who don’t do a lot of baking. I can definitely tackle this!

whatsfordinneracrossstatelines — December 29, 2010 at 10:35 pm

What a wonderful idea Veronica! It would free up time in the kitchen to spend with company and still be impressive and taste great.
    -Gina-

Dionne Baldwin — December 30, 2010 at 12:35 am

I saved this. I’ve never made this before but it would be awesome and something different! When I try this I’ll have to brag about this to everyone…thank you for sharing!

Dionne

Veronica Gantley — December 30, 2010 at 1:04 am

Dionne,
    Let me know how it goes. I used Breyers Ice cream on top.

Cristina — December 30, 2010 at 4:59 am

I like that this decadent pudding-like cake is made in the crock-pot. Must be rich and chocolately cooking for over four hours. :)

Victoria — December 30, 2010 at 3:02 pm

I don’t have a crock pot, but this sounds like a fun and easy way to enjoy hot chocolate cake :) A belated Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Sydney — December 30, 2010 at 3:10 pm

I love this idea! We’re just about to get our crockpot out of storage when we move in a few weeks and I am totally putting this on my “soon” list. :) Thanks!

Mateja ^_^ — December 30, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Anything with chocolate works for me! Happy holidays Veronica ^_^

Miss Chelsea — December 31, 2010 at 4:36 pm

You can make cake in a crockpot?!?! Why am I just now learning this!

Tiffany — December 29, 2013 at 12:23 am

Making this as my first crockpot recipe. Wasn’t sure how many ounces chocolate chips. There are three bag sizes at walmart – tiny, medium and large. LOL!

Also, since this is my first time using a crockpot and this is a cake, how do I store it? Do I take it out and put it in a new container?

• vgantley — December 29th, 2013 @ 7:03 pm

I want to say it was a 8 oz bag. I would use the small bag. It doesn’t brown up so it looks more like a souffle. It is fantastic warm with vanilla ice cream over top. If you can remove your insert you probably could store it in the insert. To be honest, I have a large family and when I serve this there is never anything left. You could however, scoop it out with a spoon and sore it in a container with a tight fitting lid.